Virtual Work Experience Terms and Conditions
In these Terms, ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’ means the Company, and ‘you’ means an Employer or User as defined below.
No representation or warranty in relation to services
Virtual Work Experience provided by BESS is a learning environment where users (Users) may complete online learning Programmes (Online Programmes) and apply to opportunities posted by employers (Employers) and training providers (Training Providers). The Company makes no representation, undertaking or warranty whatsoever as to:
- whether the Online Programmes will be helpful, useful, suitable, appropriate or otherwise beneficial to the User;
- any connection between the User completing an Online Programmes or responding to an opportunity and the User securing employment as a result of completing the Online Programme or responding to an opportunity; and
- the accuracy, validity, legality, quality or applicability of the content of the Site, including any content in the Online Programmes or opportunities.
To the maximum extent permitted by English law, BESS will not be liable for any claims or damages that may arise in connection to the Online Programmes and/or the opportunities.
By accessing and/or using the Site or its related products or services, you hereby release and agree to hold harmless BESS, its directors, shareholders, members, successors, advisors, Employers and any other corporate partners from any and all causes of action, claims of any nature and damages resulting from the Site.
You must be a registered user to complete an Online Programme or respond to an opportunity directly related to an Online Programme.
When you register and activate your account, we will provide you with a user name and password. You are responsible for keeping this user name and password secure and are responsible for all use and activity carried out under this user name.
To create an account, you must be:
- at least 13 years of age;
- possess the legal right and ability to enter into a legally binding agreement with us; and
- agree and warrant to use the Site in accordance with these Terms.
We may disclose that information to third parties that help facilitate the provision of services (including information technology suppliers, communication suppliers and our business partners) or as required by law. In particular, where:
- you respond to an opportunity, we may provide your information to an Employer or Training Provider; and
- you enrol in an Online Programme, we may provide your information (including any work you complete as part of the Online Programme) to the corporate partner sponsoring that Online Programme.
Accuracy, completeness and timeliness of information
The information on the Site is not comprehensive and is intended to provide a summary of the subject matter covered. While we use all reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information on our website, to the extent permitted by law, we make no warranty regarding the information on the Site. You should monitor any changes to the information contained on this website.
We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with the use of this website or a linked website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from the Site is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or Trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
We may, from time to time and without notice, change or add to the Site (including the Terms) or the information, products or services described in it. However, we do not undertake to keep the Site updated. We are not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on the Site or if that information is not up-to-date.
Promotions and competitions
For certain campaigns, promotions or contests, additional terms and conditions may apply. If you want to participate in such a campaign, promotion or contest, you need to agree to the relevant terms and conditions applicable to that campaign, promotion or contest. In case of any inconsistency between such terms and conditions and these Terms, those terms and conditions will prevail.
Our Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not endorse and are not responsible for the content on those linked websites and have no control over or rights in those linked websites.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, we own or license from third parties all rights, title and interest (including copyright, designs, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in this Site and in all of the material (including all text, graphics, logos, audio and software) made available on this Site (Content).
Your use of this Site and use of and access to any Content does not grant or transfer any rights, title or interest to you in relation to this Site or the Content. However we do grant you a licence to access the Site and view the Content on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement and, where applicable, as expressly authorised by us and/or our third party licensors.
Any reproduction or redistribution of this website or the Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. In addition, you must not copy the Content to any other server, location or support for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited.
All other use, copying or reproduction of this Site, the Content or any part of it is prohibited, except to the extent permitted by law.
You must not do any act that we would deem to be inappropriate, is unlawful or is prohibited by any laws applicable to our website, including but not limited to:
- any act that would constitute a breach of either the privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual’s consent) or any other of the legal rights of individuals;
- using this Site to defame or libel us, our employees or other individuals;
- uploading files that contain viruses that may cause damage to our property or the property of other individuals;
- posting or transmitting to this website any non-authorised material including, but not limited to, material that is, in our opinion, likely to cause annoyance, or which is defamatory, racist, obscene, threatening, pornographic or otherwise or which is detrimental to or in violation of our systems or a third party’s systems or network security.
If we allow you to post any information to our Site, we have the right to take down this information at our sole discretion and without notice.
Warranties and disclaimers
To the maximum extent permitted by law we make no warranties or representations about this website or the Content, including but not limited to warranties or representations that they will be complete, accurate or up-to-date, that access will be uninterrupted or error-free or free from viruses, or that this website will be secure.
We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate without notice your access to this website, any Content, or any feature of this website at any time without notice and we will not be responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may arise as a result.
To the maximum extent permitted by law in no event shall we be liable for any direct and indirect loss, damage or expense – irrespective of the manner in which it occurs – which may be suffered due to your use of our website and/or the information or materials contained on it, or as a result of the inaccessibility of this website and/or the fact that certain information or materials contained on it are incorrect, incomplete or not up-to-date.
User’s conduct, representations and warranties
Each and every user warrants and represents that while you access or use the Site or its related products or services you agree:
- you agree that any information or content that you post, transmit or receive through the Site will not be considered confidential. The User grants BESS an unlimited, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, display, edit, copy, transmit, publicly perform or communicate to the public any such information and content on a worldwide basis; and
- you will not transmit through the Site any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, vulgar, obscene, racist, harmful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.
Jurisdiction and governing law
Your use of the Site and these Terms are governed by the law of England and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction in England.